summer IS IN THE AIR
ARE YOU FEELING A LITTLE SLUGGISH? WANT MORE PEP IN YOUR STEP? WELL, WE HAVE YOU COVERED!
HERE’S KATE’S TOP 10 LIST TO KICKSTART HEALTHY HABITS!
1) Oat milk for your coffee. It ’s much more sustainable than many nut-based milks, and it tastes great.
2) Sprinkle Chia Seeds in yogurt or on (not sugar loaded!) granola; these seeds pack a powerful nutritional punch.
3) Berries of all kinds! Snack on them instead of reaching for chips, cookies or... they are nutritional powerhouses, packed full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibers.
4) Kale is (still) king and hands down the heavyweight of veggie goodness due to its vitamin and mineral punch. It’s delicious in every form, in salads, soups, as chips.
5) Avocados because they are packed with vitamins and minerals and essential fats.
6) Beets in salads or veggie burgers. A great taste that comes with high levels of vitamin B, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, and manganese.
7) Farro instead of pasta: Put it in salads, soups and breakfast bowls. This ancient grain has a nutty flavor and is choc-a-block with fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
8) Walnut Oil adds a nice touch to salads and veggies. It has a variety of amazing health benefits - and it helps to nourish the skin from within.
9) Sauerkraut is made from cabbage and is not only rich in vitamin C but it’s also rich in probiotics that can boost your metabolism and improve your immune system.
10) Trout is a great fish, not only for its lovely flavor and its omega-3s but it ’s low in mercury!